Saturday, August 9, 2008

*#@$ing Road Construction

On the weekends I go into work at 2:30 in the afternoon. Today we decided to see a movie that got out just after 1pm. After gabbing with my friends for a while, I left for work. This was 1:30. I figured I had an hour to drive the 20-30 minutes it should take to get to work, leaving plenty of time to get lunch. Well, I get on I-435 to hit I-35 North to get to work. Only, the ramp going to I-35 North is closed. It's one of those exits where you take the I-35 exit and then you can go right for north or left for south. So, I didn't know the northbound lane was closed until I was on the exit. And no, there were no signs that I could see warning me before I got of 435. So I got shunted into I-35 South traffic. 35 South was down to one lane so it took forever to get onto, then I had to head to the next exit to turn around and get on 35 North again, which was down to two, and then one lane. It took forever to hit an exit that would get me around traffic to get to work on time. So, I end up right next to work with three minutes to go. I say, 'I'm still hungry' and hit the Taco Bueno that is literally shares the lot with us. Only this Taco Bueno sucks with customer service so they don't acknowledge that I've pulled up, let alone take my order. So I pull away. I ate what I brought for dinner for lunch and I'll have to go out for dinner.

I hate road construction and I really hate Taco Bueno. I do like that my little 4-cylindar car really has some get up, though. Go Versa!

4 comments:

Emily Anne said...

I'm sorry honey. Traffic around here sucks right now. Everything is shut down. I would have brought you something to eat for dinner.

Now that I have grossed everyone out with how cute we are, I love you.

Anonymous said...

Emily Anne,

I am really sorry that one of our restaurants would not provide the service you deserve and I would like to make it up to you as well as to make sure that we improve the operations and service. If you don't mind, would you please email at rtorres@tacobueno.com? I am truly sorry that we could not make your day better.

Thanks,

Ramon Torres
Sr. Vice President of Operations
Taco Bueno Restaurants

Matthew Ware said...

Um...kay. Either Taco Bueno regularly searches blogs for comments on their restaurants or I've got a practical joker.

But let's up the ante.

This is the same Taco Bueno that, two weeks ago when I pulled up, said "it'll be just a moment". After several moments, and three cars pulling behind me (and there only being one person in front of me in the drive-thru) and still not getting someone to take my order, I drove off then too.

This is also the same Taco Bueno that lost my order. When I had walked inside to order. When I stood next to the registers in full view of everyone. When there were no other customers. For literally thirty minutes. I stood there, after ordering, for thirty minutes, with no other customers. After that time, when no one acknowledged that I may have a problem, I finally asked about my food. You've been waiting thirty minutes? Oh no! Take some cheesecake chimichangas for your trouble.

Oh, and I did send a negative comment through their website and never got a response. Nope, no more comments, I just won't go there. So if you're in Kansas City, and you see a Taco Bueno on Barry Road, don't bother. It's not worth your wait. There's a Taco Bell on the corner of Barry and North Oak that I've never had problems with.

Anonymous said...

Emily Anne and Mathew,

It is not a practical joke. I do, as you suggest, monitor blogs because I can learn a lot from our guest. I read many blogs that are talking about great experiences at our restaurants that I can use to congratulate the staff (they get a “Presidential Award” and other prizes). I also see blogs when we fail to provide excellent service and these blogs give me an opportunity to apologize to the guest and to help support the restaurant team to get better; I do not share the specifics of these blogs with the team. I really I’m sorry that we have failed so often with you and I am committed to make it better. Today, I will be meeting with the District Manager to discuss the support for both of the Barry Road restaurant. You can reach my by email or you can call me at 800-440-0778 ext. 4802.