Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sundry Items

Just a few fun items that don't really deserve their own blog, but wanted to share anyway.

  • Me, Emily, and Will went to see Iron Man on Wednesday. Or Tuesday. Yeah, it was Tuesday. Anyway, it was really good. And though Will did pretty good, I don't think he's quite ready for movies yet. If the movie had been five minutes longer (and it wasn't that long to begin with) and we would have had a full 18 month child freak out. But the movie was really fun, with a lot of self-depricating humor. And Gwynyth Paltrow works as a red head.
  • For mother's day, Emily got a new set of knives (our old ones sucked), four wooden spoons (again the old suckage), a four cup measuring bowl (she broke the old one, but not through violence), and a book. Yes, we celebrated yesterday because we don't see a lot of each other on Monday's. The book was a leather bound Barnes and Noble version of The Complete Jane Austen, all 7 novels in one book. She liked all the gifts.
  • I also bought Stephenie Meyer's The Host for her, as more of a end of semester gift.
  • I sustained a somewhat severe injury yesterday. I was cleaning the bathroom floor, and when I went to stand up (which I did fairly quickly) I bashed my head on the corner of the cabinet door. In a moment I was back on the floor, head clutched in hand. Emily, who I don't think saw the incident, so much as hearing the impact and then seeing me on my knees, clutching my head, rushed to my side. Blood was flowing (or at least trickling) and she nursed me to health. She was even able to check my acuity, which was nice. I actually bled for quite a while. And it really hurt. I still had a headache today. But it's clotted over nice, and I don't think it's negatively affected the sexy (snort) shape of my head.
  • I get my CPAP (that wonderful sleeping aid for my sleep apnea) on Monday. I'm excited. I wonder what it's like to get a good night's sleep, able to conquer the day on just 8 hours. I'll let you know when I find out.

And that's it for now.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Ow! I hate hitting my head on the corner of a cabinet (I've done it a lot), however I've never bleed. Yikes.

Emily Anne said...

Honey, I checked your mental status, not your acuity. When the head cracking thing happened, I heard it and turned around to see my 6'4 husband on all fours clutching his head. I was worried. He did complain that I held pressure to hard, but the bleeding would have stopped sooner if he hadn't been such a baby about it. Actually he was brave and I was Calm (unlike that time my friend broke her ankle and I freaked out).

Rhia Jean said...

I have this little bump on my head that is actually a scar. I don't remember when or how I got it, but whatever I did to get it must have been pretty bad to leave a mark like that. Now we can be twins...except I'm not as tall as you...and I'm not a guy...and no one will ever see my scar...or yours...okay so maybe we aren't like real twins, but close enough.

R Matthew Ware said...

Honey, I'm 6'3" :)

Rhia, you can be my shorter, female twin.

Alison, you can be my smarter, better looking triplet if you're feeling left out :)