Monday, April 21, 2008

You're listening to Matt FM

The one radio station we can agree to listen to at work is Jack FM. They play a good mix of 70s-2000s music, and their trademark is "playing what we want", as in, no requests. It's not the best, but it works. Recently though, we've realized that every night we hear the same songs. It gets a bit dull. Especially on the weekend when faced with 9 and a half hour shifts.

So, on Saturday I bought a radio that I could plug my iPod into so we could listen to that instead. At first, we just listened to whatever albums I put on. This works, but we can only listen to so much Billy Joel. Well, you can listen to a lot of Billy, but not every night, and a lot of his songs are not child friendly.

To remedy this I set up a playlist where I loaded all the songs I like and that are appropriate for work play. Now, I've got a pretty healthy collection of music on the iPod, enough to play for two weeks straight without stopping or repeating a song. The playlist is 269 songs, and that's just what I could put together for now. No commercials, and all Matt-friendly music. And my coworkers seem to like it too.

Now, if I could just get some little Matt FM jingles to play between songs.

5 comments:

Alison said...

Does Matt FM take requests? :)

Rhia Jean said...

You should make funny commercials with people calling you up leaving messages like Jack FM does. We have it down here too.

Emily Anne said...

I'm commenting. The end.

Emily Anne said...

Just kidding about the end. I think you can never have too much Billy Joel, but that is just me. I think you have a good mix on the iPod and am going to sync my iPod to get your playlist for the car.

R Matthew Ware said...

No requests! But I will skip a song if someone doesn't like it.

I've noticed my coworkers like country, and I used to, so I'm getting a chance to listen to some. Garth is still king.