Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I think I'm turning Japanese

Today I picked up this Japanese soda from World Market. I'd never had
a Japanese soda, so I wanted to try it. Well, it tasted like corn
syrup, starch, and a dash of citric acid, which is exactly what it
was. But the fun thing was the bottle. To open, you take the top
off, revealing a sort of plunger. You use that to pop a glass marble
down into the bottle. The marble kind of rattles around this top
section of the bottle as you drink. It was pretty cool, even if the
soda itself wasn't particularly good.

4 comments:

Alison said...

I heart World Market! I love to get those Le Petit Ecolier cookies there that have the gay-looking school boy with the bug eyes imprinted on the chocolate. Mmmmmmmm . . . yum.

Oh, and I keep forgetting to say hello to Emily. Hello, Emily! Thanks for commenting on my blog a while back. :)

Emily Anne said...

Dude, that soda was not good tasting at all and it was expensive at over a dollar for the bottle. However, because it was so cool I would buy them every once in a while. Those Japanese manufacturers know how to sell a crappy soda.

Rhia Jean said...

May I suggest the Wildberry Italian soda from Target? It's not as good as the peach pear soda, but I downed a whole big bottle in 2 evenings. :)
I'm in the process of trying out all of the Archer Farms Sodas...the Blueberry Pomegrante is not that great.

R Matthew Ware said...

We tried the blueberry pom. Ick. I think there was top much blueberry and too much carbonation.