Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Garden Work

We're going to plant hedged around our front porch soon, but first I
had to turn the soil to get it ready. Whoever had the house before us
had put a Brady Bunch style piece of AstroTurf under their flower beds
to stop weeds, I guess. So I had to take that out. Then I noticed a
large rock that I think was supposed to be a part of the foundation
(it's a hundred years old). The rock wiggled, but wouldn't come out,
which, if a piece of a foundation, is probably a good thing. So now I
have a two foot spot where I can't plant. I just hope the bush grows
enough to overlap the space. Why does everything I do become so much
harder than I thought it would be after I've started? And I still
have to start my super-secret project for my wife tomorrow. And boy,
gardening takes the energy out of a person.

Sent from my iPhone

5 comments:

Alison said...

I didn't even know people used astro-turf in any other venue other than a football stadium. Weird.

Emily Anne said...

So, what is your super secret project for your wife. I promise I won't tell her. The reason everything is harder to do it once you get started is because our house is a million years old and it sucks!

K2 said...

Go you! Astroturf in your yard? So weird.

Rhia Jean said...

The reason why everything is harder than it should be is because you are keeping a secret from your wife. Tsk! Tsk!

R Matthew Ware said...

I think it's just because I'm not as smart as I'd like to be (I'm much smarter in my own mind. Handsomer too.)