Sunday, September 7, 2008

Good things on a Sunday

The weather in Kansas City has been reallly nice for the last week. I was able to get my leather jacket out of the closet for some of the cooler nights, some lows even in the 40s. We've been able to keep our air conditioner off and it's just been great.

We went to church and sang a song by Eliza Snow that didn't suck. I noticed that the person who wrote the music was not George Careless this time, so it was actually enjoyable. At the end of the song, Will cried out "Yeah". It was our sacrament hymn. Oops.

The Chiefs played the Patriots in their regular season opener. They lost, 17-10, but that's a lot better than it could have gone. A lot of people thought the Patriots would score four touchdowns in the first quarter. Instead, we gave Tom Brady a possibly career ending knee injury. So, to the rest of the league, your'e welcome.

I'm reading Midnight Sun, Stephenie Meyer's uncompleted draft of Twilight from Edward's point of view. I have to say, I really like getting into his head. A lot of Twilight was Bella trying to figure out what he's thinking and not really getting far. Breaking Sun exposes his motivations, why he did the things he did, and why he loved Bella. And it shows Edward trying to figure out what Bella's thinking, and not really getting far. It's often really funny. Oh, and most of Bella's friends suck.

I started Pride and Prejudice the other day. I figured I should read some of the classics. I'm not too far in, but I like Elizabeth's character, much better than anyone in Sense and Sensibility.

I've also started Emily's birthday gift and am glad to say that everything is working so far. What am I doing? I can't tell until after the 17th when we celebrate. But it's going to be cool.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Weather has been good here too for September. Cooler weather, especially the fall, makes me hap-hap-happy. I haven't read the Midnight Sun release yet. I probably should soon. Let me know what you think of Pride and Prejudice when you finish.

Emily Anne said...

I love the weather.

I hate that I cannot know what Matt is doing for me for my birthday. I came home from the Family History Center Saturday and Matt had me close my eyes and go into the bedroom so he could put away my present that he was working on. He's driving me crazy!

Rhia Jean said...

See my comment on Emily's blog about my thoughts on Midnight Sun...