Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Dark Knight (no spoilers)

I won't give out any plot points from the movie. I just want to say The Dark Knight was the most intense movie I've ever seen. It's two and a half hours, but you don't feel it. The movie hooks you and doesn't let you go. Heath Ledger was wonderful and deserves an Oscar. But the movie doesn't forget the other characters either. Batman, Harvey Dent, Rachel Dawes (replaced by an actual actress, Maggie Gyllenhaal), Lt Gordon; all good roles in this one.

I also have to say, the movie should have gotten an R rating, just for intensity. There is no language, and much of the violence isn't shown, though you know what's going on. This movie made Batman Begins look like a Disney film. It made the originals (Batman, Batman Returns, et al) forgettible, and no one will ever mention George Clooney in a serious breath ever again.

I think The Dark Knight falls in my top five all time movies. I don't know what the other four are, but it's in the top five. It was a good superhero movie, a good crime movie, and actually had good moral lessons. What are you waiting for? Go see it. Seriously.

1 comment:

Rhia Jean said...

Well, you inspired me. I went and saw it today, and yes, it was GOOD. Christian Bale's Batman voice really just makes me want to laugh, but the Joker was very well played and extremely creepy. All in all, I would pay $9 to see it again.