Monday, June 23, 2008

Sundry Items

So I've realized (well, not for the first time) that I'm sometimes a jerk. I don't often wake up and decide, "I'm going to be a jerk today, just for fun." I think part of it is hereditary. The men in my family deal with rough tempers. I think I've figured out earlier how to keep it in much better control than my forbears, but it's still something I deal with. So Em, I'm sorry I suck.

Last night, right before going to bed, I checked my email. I've got my blog set up to email me when someone comments. Also, if I comment on someone else's blog, I can get it to email follow-up comments to me. So when my email came up, I had three Alison comments, two on my blog and one on Rhia's. I thought, "wo0-hoo! Alison's back!"

Speaking of recurring dreams, Rhia has now made two appearances in my sleeping hours, and both times she really didn't like me. Bad omens?

I really love Charles de Lint books. While they're somtimes a little hard to get through, they're about the only books I've read where I genuinely want to be nicer to people after reading them.

I hate it when I'm trying to give an extra effort at work to help and people just end up questioning my motives. Yesterday I was trying to help a coworker with her registrations and she went off on me. When I explained that if we could keep up with the registrations maybe the nurses et al would ease up on us both coworkers went off saying it won't do any good. Well you know, I can at least try. Then I can say I'm trying to make things better. Also, last night and today, I went around our work area and did some extra cleaning. Instead of getting a "hey, good job" or "thanks" I was asked when my next review is. It's October, by the way. I'm just trying to be nice. Kind of backfires sometimes. But I shouldn't give up.

We started pulling the wallpaper off the walls in our bedroom. It's the last room we need to paint, and boy, those walls need some work. I swear, the people who lived there before us did not take care of that house. But it's nice to see that we're getting closer.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Aw, thanks man. I'm glad I was missed. :)

And why do people still use wallpaper at all. As cute as it seems at the time, it always has to be taken off. Paint. Paint is a good thing.

Emily Anne said...

Paint is good if it isn't covering hideous wallpaper.

Matt, you don't suck. We are all "in progress". At least you are progressing. And I'm sure Rhia will like you, she likes me. She even lived with me for a year and still likes me, so you are fine.

Rhia Jean said...

Please listen to your wise wife. I wouldn't comment on your blog if I didn't like you. I usually try to avoid people I don't like, so you're good.

K2 said...

Matt you are so awesome! I am glad that you are trying to give an extra effort at work. Go you!