Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sullivan's

Today was our first day in Omaha. For dinner we went to Sullivan's
Steakhouse (I know it's Sunday, don't judge me). This is the kind of
place you go because you have money or you REALLY want to impress a
girl. I just wanted to do something really nice for my wife.

What it isn't is a place for young children. Yes, they had a high
chair, but the manager mentioned it was the first time it had been used.

Now, before you start thinking the wrong thing, all the staff was very
nice and the waitress did all she could to help us with Will, short of
carrying him around on her shoulders.

Anyway, Will had been locked up in his car seat for three hours, plus
the 70 minutes if sacrament, and being told to sit down and be quiet
every time we went somewhere. So he was a little upset.

Considering all this, he did pretty well, but we knew he wouldn't last
through desert. We took it to go and went back to the hotel.

Also, we stopped at the Kanesville Tabernacle where Brigham Young was
sustained as president of the church. I'd never been there before and
it was pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Alison said...

Man, you still have to eat on vacation. No judgement here.

Rhia Jean said...

Sinner!

Rhia Jean said...

Okay, I'm just kidding. We got food to go yesterday from El Fenix for our belated Mother's Day, so no...I don't judge you.