Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My most favorite root beer...ever

Henry Weinhard's root beer is the best I've had, and it's been five
years since I've had the chance. You can get them in the store in Salt
Lake City but I've found them nowhere around here. Well, we were at
Old Chicago in Omaha today and they carried it.

You know how if you haven't had something for a long time your memory
of it can make it better than it really was and you get disappointed
the next time you have it?

This wasn't like that. The quality of the soda was as good as its
memory.

Then later we ended up at Homer's Music in the Old Market area, and
they sold it too. Not only did we buy the root beer, we also got the
Orange Cream and Vanilla Cream sodas.

Now what's so good about this stuff? Other than the glass bottle, the
root beer is made with sassafrass, vanilla, and honey. It also is
draft style so it has a good head of foam like a quslity beer, without
the need to see your bishop.

Mmm, good times.

Oh, and it's bottled in Fort Worth, so if I move down there, maybe
I'll be able to find it more often.

2 comments:

Rhia Jean said...

Hmmm...looks like I'll have to go shopping!

Alison said...

I love how much you love root beer. :)