Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Potter Theories

So, since the next and last Harry Potter book comes out Saturday, I should post my theories here so I can be held to them once the book is out. This gives me bragging rights if I'm correct, or makes it public record that I was wrong.

Who dies:
Voldemort (duh)
Snape (whether he's good or bad, he killed Dumbledore. I don't think others will forgive him and I don't think he would forgive himself-assuming it was on Dumbledore's orders)
Neville (he's gotten wreckless in his desire to avenge his parents. I think he's willing to die to finish it)
Bellatrix (along with most if not all of the death eaters)
Mr. Weasley
Hagrid (because all of Harry's mentors/protectors have to die so he has to face it alone)

Reprieves:
Harry (He's the boy that lived. I'm sorry, I just think he'll make it)
Ginny (Whether Harry lives or dies she lives. If Harry lives, he's gotta have his hot red-head at his side. If he dies, someone has to carry the torch for him)
Lupin and Tonks (Before they hooked up, Lupin may have died. Now he has to live because them as a couple is just too cool)

Plot points:
Snape is a vampire. There's been a reference in each novel. I just hope she comes out and says it.

Everyone you think is dead really is (Dumbledore, Sirius, Cedric)
Harry is not a horcrux.

Ginny will ignore Harry's wishes and accompany him on his quest to find the Horcruxes.

The final battle will happen at Hogwarts. For one, the books just have to have Hogwarts in them. And two, it was the only real home for both Harry and Voldemort. It's important to both of them.

Kreacher and Graup will be very important in some way. The OOTP movie wouldn't have spent so much time with them if they weren't important. In fact, Rowling said there was one character in particular that was originally cut from the movie. She said they should put this character back or the seventh movie wouldn't make any sense.

It will be Neville that kills Bellatrix.

Draco will redeem himself, at least in some measure.

Harry won't get anything out of Dumbledore's picture. The pictures only have the personality of the person, not hidden information.

Dumbledore isn't a ghost, he was never afraid of death.

Snape made an unbreakable vow to protect Harry. If it was Dumbledore that made the vow with him, I don't know if the vow holds after his death.

When Dumbledore said "Please, Severus" right before Snape killed him, he wasn't begging for his own life, he didn't want Snape to turn traitor. And I think he very much wanted to stay alive to protect Harry. While he spent much of Book 6 preparing Harry to go it alone, I think he still wanted to stand by Harry's side. As he said at the end of Book 5, he never wanted Harry to have to face Voldemort.

There will be many martyrs on the good side. I think several minor characters will go (such as some of the professors at Hogwarts). Several of the Order will go, possibly Mad-Eye. More of the Weasley's could die, but I'll keep my prediction that it will be Mr. Weasley.

Hermione will spend a lot of time tutoring Harry, since he sucks at Occlumency and nonverbal spells.

Wild Theory:
Just came up with it, probably way out of the universe, but I'll put it here anyway. Harry won't be able to kill Voldemort. Snape will come along (maybe because he has an unbreakable vow to protect Harry) and kill Voldemort for him. Then Snape and Harry will have to duel. If this is the case, Harry will have to get better at occlumency and nonverbal spells.

No comments: