Wednesday, July 18, 2007

2008 Movies I'm Excited About

Or, movies coming out in 2008. Not, two thousand eight movies. Anyway. These are movies coming out next year that I'm interested in:

May 16th
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Yes, anything in this series excites me. Loved the books, loved the first movie. I really don't see them screwing up this franchise.

May 23rd
Indiana Jones 4
Okay, I've said before that I don't think they should do another Indiana Jones movie. That said, it's still got Harrison Ford and Spielberg is in charge, not George Lucas. Lucas could screw up anything. But, I think this will turn out okay anyway. As long as Lucas doesn't write the dialog. No George, you can't have the dialog. Not yours.

June 13th
The Incredible Hulk
Yeah, I love comic book movies. And, without Ang Lee doing it, it might not suck.

June 20th
Get Smart
The TV series was just very funny, and with Steve Carrell doing it, I really think they'll catch the spirit of the series.

July 18th
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins was awesome, and its sequel will be just as good. The third and fourth Batman movies in the original movies series (Forever and Batman and Robin) just got silly and didn't take the franchise seriously. I mean, can you say George Clooney? Can you say nipple suit? We'll know this franchise has jumped the shark when they bring in Robin. Unless he's got major mental issues and is played by Daniel Radcliffe. Like they said in Batman Begins, he doesn't have the luxury of friends. But yeah, they're going to have the Joker, and they're taking it seriously. I mean, just look at the poster:

August 1st
Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
The first one was good. I mean, what's not cool about a guy that looks like the devil making out with a girl that creates fire. I like edgy comics.

October 24th
The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D
Loved this movie, will love it even more in 3-D. Tim Burton is awesome.
November 7th
James Bond (whatever they name the 22nd one)
I like the reimagining of this franchise. It's like Batman Begins. Take a good concept, then take it seriously. I'm looking forward to it.

November 21st
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
If you like Potter, you get it. If you don't like him, you don't.

December 25th
Star Trek
Like Batman and James Bond, this franchise needed a reboot. JJ Abrams, who did a great job on Mission Impossible 3, is writing and directing this one about the early days of Kirk and Spock. Good job, guys. You take this stuff seriously, and the fans will respond. If you treat the fans like they somehow owe you, they'll walk away, like they did with the last movie and the last series.

No comments: