Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Fourth Draft

I finished the fourth draft of my book today. And why, do you ask, is that important? Because now I'm going to have a friend go over it, then I'll make small changes as necessary, then start looking for an agent. This is exciting, I should be able to start shopping the book by June or July. No, I don't expect any six figure book deals, I'd settle for a four figure number. A four figure number that started with a three (because that's about what a beginning author can make). I've done a lot of research, and I guess my next step is to start to put together a query letter. It's one of those thing I haven't worried about until now because it does no good to write a query letter if your novel isn't finished. Agents, from what I hear, don't want to hear from you if the book isn't done. But hey, now it is. And life is grand. I guess I ought to start saving up stamps for all those query letters.

1 comment:

K2 said...

That is great! I am so proud of you!