Monday, April 30, 2007

Vacation

So, I can't remember the last time I went on vacation. It was last year some time. So, the bad news is: it's been a long time since I've taken vacation. The good news? I'm at the same job and my PTO (paid time off) has continued to accrue and I have, so far, three weeks of vacation saved up.

At the end of May my wife and son and I are going to Kentucky to visit the in-laws (which by some weird twist of fate, like me, and I like them). It'll be a nice break to have a week away from work. It pays the bills, but its annoying, and I'll be glad when my wife finishes nursing school and I can find something else to do with my time. Hopefully write full-time. If not, maybe I can get a job in a book store. I think that would be fun, even if it didn't pay as well. Better to do what you like for less money, than what you don't for more.

No comments: