Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The beginning of the end

I had my semi-annual haircut today (seriously, I let it get too long)
and was given some fun news. While the stylist was trimming my
seriously bushy sideburns she mentioned I had some greys. Wha? I
looked down at the cut hair on the plastic sheet and, among its dark
comrades were a few fallen greys.

Shudder.

Lesser men would have ordered the entire grey-infested region shaved
off, but not me. Those men, er hairs, have earned their place. And
sure, more will follow, but I will wear them with pride. Maybe I'm
finally growing up.

*shakes magic eight ball*

Not likely.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I have a colony of grays on the crown of my head. I pluck. :D Weird, yes, but I'm too lazy to dye the hair.

Rhia Jean said...

Grey is the new black.

Emily Anne said...

I was excited about your grey hairs. I have had grey for quite a while. I actually have several silver hairs that I think are beautiful. I used to pluck, but I don't want to have bald spots.