Thursday, April 17, 2008

The masculine side of punctuation

So there's this, let's say friend, that guys like to harass women about. It comes around once a month and guys think that it makes women nutty. Of course, bringing it up doesn't help things. If I were to tell my wife she's emotional because of this friend, it only makes things worse.

What men don't realize is that men have this visitor too. Sure, it doesn't manifest physical symptoms, but they do have it. And it comes more than once a month. In fact, our monthly friend comes to visit every 7-10 days.

Have you ever noticed that your male friends get irritable and depressed every so often? Yep, that's it. Sure, it's worse in some guys than others, but we all get it. Men have cycles too, we just don't want to admit it.

This weekend, for example, I was just in a terrible mood. It wasn't because of anything anyone had done, I was just not very happy. Then the other day, I got really emotional and started to get all teary-eyed while reading Leven Thumps. It wasn't sad, I was just emotional.

So, to all you women out there, don't let men give you crap. We have issues too, and we have them more often. We just try to hide them.

But if you want to have fun, when a man friend of yours is being emotional, tell them he's just dealing with his monthly friend. See how he likes it :)

2 comments:

Emily Anne said...

I appreciate your candor. You are very in touch with your feelings. You are the best. Everyone should have a man like you.

Rhia Jean said...

I think you are the first man that has ever admitted that...well, the first one that I know of that is.