Thursday, September 27, 2007

New Job

I put in my notice last Friday at my current job, St Luke's Hospital in Kansas City. I got a new job at Children's Mercy Hospital's Northland campus. I'm really excited about this job. The changes I will run into is that it's not an emergency room, it's not a trauma center, I won't have to deal with drunks or homeless people. The perks are that I'm dealing with kids that aren't mortally wounded. These are just children that are sick and need a doctor.

I'll be doing the same work, patient registration, but in a friendlier environment. I always like the kids that I see in our ER. They're funny, they're good sports, and when they cry you know it's because they're really hurting.

So, starting October 8th, I'll be a Children's Mercy employee. I think this is a good move.

No comments: