Sunday, September 9, 2007

Holiday Season?

So, I'm hesitant, but I guess its too late. It's Halloween season. I put out my decorations (which now makes those beds of dirt in front of my house look much better) including a sign that says "The Witch is In" and can be flipped to "The Witch is Out". I have my wife change it when she comes and goes. And yes, I did ask when I saw it at the store if it was okay to do that.

I'm hesitant because this will lead to other holidays. I love Halloween. It's my favorite holiday. But once you start putting up Halloween stuff, that means we will have to deal with holiday stuff through the new year. And those stations that start playing Christmas music November 1st are of the devil.

So November 1st you see this:

Yes, Thanksgiving, the day the Indians taught us how to survive in a foreign land and we repaid them with smallpox and reservations.

Then comes Christmas. I love Jesus. But this is overdone:

That's right, if you can't see the TREE, it's overdone.

But all of that is okay, because Halloween is almost here. And what is the best thing about halloween? THIS!:


So, Nabisco claims that Halloween Oreos taste just like the regular ones. They are so wrong. Halloween Oreos taste so much better. It's the only time my wife will eat them. Each year I wait patiently for them to arrive. Nabisco made it easier this year. On their website you can search your zip code to see the stores that have them. As luck would have it the Price Chopper nearby has them in stock.

Now, I don't think there's anything "Just Right" about Price Chopper. Their stores are hard to navigate and I'm often afraid that I'll catch something just by being inside one. But I may have to bite the bullet tomorrow and satisfy my orange Oreo need.

No comments: